Monday, January 25, 2010

My Dream of You


I dreamed of us walking in the park holding hands on a beautiful summer day. As we walked we talked about life and all of it's wonders. We took pictures of trees and all the beautiful flowers we came across. I picked one up and put it in your hair; you smiled at me and I smiled back. We continued down the path and sat at a bench to look at the azure blue sky. Your eyes sparkled in the sun in much splendor, a sight that could make one heart melt. We pointed to the lovely cloud formations in the sky and made our childish estimates of what we thought they resembled. After awhile we got up and continued down the cobble stone path. We continued to walk until we made it the most gorgeous beach any man has ever seen. We gazed at the emeral waters as it flowed gently. We watched as the fish swam together in untrackable patterns. It truly was the most wonderful sight to behold, but not as wonderful as your smile. Finally evening came and we watched the sunset. A magical array of oranges, purples and pinks mixed in order to create a lovely sunset much better than any painting could attempt to portray. We turned to each other your hands in mine and our eyes met. Just seeing you smile made me smile as well. For awile we just stood there, it was as if time had stopped just for us. Then I silently whispered "I love you". You opened your mouth to speak an inaudible "I love you too." But then you began to fade away like sand in the cool summer breeze as I awoke from my day dream...


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey everybody it's me again, Camron! Did you miss me? I've been on a pretty long hiatus haven't I? Well I'm finally back to write some more poems and short stories for you leisure.


This poem was inspired by a trip to the park that I took last summer. It was quite beautiful. My dad was doing a photoshoot there so we had time to explore the area. Every place mentioned in the story is real and based on what I saw. The love story was all made up (unforutunately) but it really is about someone but I fear I cannot tell who lol. I hope that you all stay with me as I take you on various journeys into my mind. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment