Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hearts Broken

I felt empty, lost and scared. The one who meant so much to me had kicked me out of their life. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to cry yet I had no tears. I wanted to yell but my voice had left me. I just stood there as I held my hand next to the dark void where my heart used to be. Now it was gone. She was gone. I was confussed, my stomach began to turn. Having her out of my life felt like I had some type of terminal illness. The more I thought about it the more dismal my outlook became. My fingers tips began to turn cold and my lips pursed shut. I didn't move, I just watched. As the love of my life walked away into the distance. I would have pursued her if there had not been a wall she fixated in between us. All I could do was listen to the sound of her foot steps fading in the distance. Pitter patter pitter patter....

No comments:

Post a Comment